Two years ago the Guardian stated that, by 2017, video would account for at least 69% of all consumer traffic, and highlighted the low cost of video marketing for small businesses. More recently, statistics from Forbes show that adding a video to marketing emails will boost click-through rates by up to 300%, and two-thirds of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.
The argument for using video to enhance your marketing strategy is an easy one when looking at these stats, but the main reason we at JAMpr are pro-video is the opportunity it gives small businesses to strengthen their brand identity and reach consumers on a more personal level, with both ease and affordability. Video marketing doesn’t have to be hard; in fact there are lots of apps out there that are great for getting your foot in the door and creating quality video content without the high costs.
Here are the top 5 apps we recommend to help you achieve your video marketing success:
• Filmic Pro – used by leading shoe brand, New Balance, this app allows you to have total control of focus, exposure, shutter speed and colour as well as a range of professional tools to get the look and tone to suit your brand. Click here for more information.
• Video Grade– this app takes your standard video tools to the next level by adding tints, B&W filters and a channel mixer to deliver shiny, new video content without the fuss. Check out the review here.
• 8MM – taking us back to the vintage style of early video, this app is super easy to use. Filming in real-time using the built-in effects, you can manually add frame jumps and select between different old-school lenses. Proven successful in Malik Bendielloul’s Oscar-winning documentary ‘Searching for Sugar Man,’ this is a great one to add to your repertoire. Get the lowdown on 8MM here.
• VHS Cam – along the same lines as 8MM, VHS Cam is self-explanatory. You shoot film using your mobile and the effect is that of the original 80s Camcorder. Its significant popularity proves that nostalgia is a useful tool when it comes to video content marketing. See what Wired had to say here.
• Muse Mage – this is the swankiest of apps, creating beautiful video content through various tools such as image stabilisation, blue screen filters, special filters created by photographer Luo Xiao Yun, video editing, time-lapse and stop-motion animation. Download it here.
And it doesn’t stop there. Lots more specialist apps are available to help create your specific brand identity, from sound and editing tool Splice, to text-on-video app, Gravie. You can also use Videoscribe, which turns images and text into incredible hand-drawn animations, and Gif apps such as GIFME and GIF Toaster create short but sweet video content guaranteed to grab more attention than standard content.
Want to speak to the experts? Our Jammers are on hand to ensure your content gets that extra professional touch. Give us a shout on 0161 850 0565 and we’ll show you what we can do.