This week, we were at the Business Design Centre in London to visit Lunch! – the contemporary food-to-go trade show. The two-day show attracts visitors from across the retailing, foodservice, hospitality, snacking, wholesale, travel and catering sectors so we got to meet some very influential people…and sample lots of delicious food and drinks!
The organisers report that the show was the biggest one yet with attendance up five percent on last year.
As specialists in food and drink PR to both trade and consumer audiences, we were intrigued to discover new trends within the industry. We identified unusually flavoured chocolate bars, hot and cold flavoured teas and coffees, flavoured juices and waters, pressed fruit, nut and seed bars, free-from bakery, healthier snacks and popcorn, as well as indulgent baked goods and premium crisps as the key goodies we can expect to see heading into 2015.
Here’s an overview of some of our favourite foodie finds:
• Seed and Bean ethical, organic, flavoured chocolate
• Duke of Delhi Bombay mixes and chocolates
• Tea Pigs Matcha iced green teas
• Koyu Matcha green tea
• Vita Aloe aloe vera drink
• Pip Organic juices and smoothies
• Mello fresh melon juice drinks
• Get Fruity fruit and oat bars
• G and G Organic Essential Food natural energy drink
• Manomasa tortilla chips
• Nim’s fruit crisps
• Brodericks – homemade Irish cakes
• La-Di-Da Cupcakes
• Exquisite handmade cakes
• Cakesmiths homebaked traybakes and flapjacks
• B Free wheat and gluten free breads and wraps
And here are some photos of our MD, Jaime Gee, and Consultant, Francesca Gaffey enjoying the show:
Lunch! takes place again next year on 24th and 25th September 2015 at the Business Design Centre, London. More details about the show and a full list of exhibitors can be found on the website: www.lunchshow.co.uk